Friday, October 14, 2016

What if we gave an election and nobody came

I never dreamt I would talk about politics on this blog. I long dreamt of having a woman be President. I saw her as someone who was strong, compassionate and who put her countries needs above her own. Instead we have an election where nobody deserves to lead this great country.

In Mrs. Clinton we have a woman who puts her own needs ahead of her countries security and lies at every turn.

How can she say she will protect us when she had her own private server in her home so that she could keep from us emails that belonged to we the people but she didn't want anyone to have access to? How can we trust a woman who will lie to families about why their people died with the bodies laying just a few feet away. She lied to us about it while telling her daughter the truth on the same day. She lied about landing in a foreign country 'under fire' saying they 'had to run for the building with their heads down' instead of having a greeting ceremony that was planned. The video of that day shows her accepting flowers from a young girl on the tarmac. Personally, I don't see ruthlessness as strength.

Yes, my dream of the first woman president was very different from the one we most likely will have. I hoped and dreamt that she would be someone our daughters and granddaughters could look up to for her sterling qualities. Yes, I know we have had many presidents that were the same, but we also had good men who fought to make us a stronger and better country. Everyone has faults, but with a country such as ours, shouldn't we be able to find applicants to the job of President who represent the very best in us?

1 comment:

Jo said...

I felt the same way about her. I am so glad she wasn't elected because of this. we were between a rock and a hard place on this one!